Silicon, Youth Miracle!
Silicon with the atomic Si symbol is the main group of the periodic table, is an element WITH atomic number of 14 and atomic mass of 28. Silicon is one of the most important micronutrients in the body that protects the body against many diseases. We will introduce some sources of silicone in foods and then discuss the effects of this nutrient on various aspects of health. It would be interesting to know that also water contains soluble silicon in form of orthosilicic acid, and you can receive 10 milligrams of silicon per day by drinking 2 liters of water.
Sources of silicon in foods:
- Vegetables / Seeds: Asparagus, Lettuce, Mustard Seeds, Soybean, Alfalfa, Olive, Parsley, Red Horseradish, Black Horse, Corn and Root Leafy Vegetables, Burdock Roots, Beet, Beet, Lettuce, Pepper, Tomatoes (Available in Its skin), white onions, cabbage, cucumber, beans, bulbs, carrots, celery, potatoes, pumpkin, watermelon, raisins, sunflower seeds, turnips
- Cereals: maize, barley, oats, yellow rice, rice bran, wheat germ and whole meal flour, alfalfa buds, millet and flax seeds
- Fruits: Cherry, Date, Fig, Apricot, Banana, Plum, Apple
- Breast milk contains superb amounts of silicone that eliminates the baby’s need for this nutrient.
Usage of silicon as a food additive:
In some countries -such as England- silicon is used as a food additive. For example, it is used in:
- Production and processing of bread, as a dough promoter
- In manufacturing of beverages and juices as a purifier
- And in preparation of medicines and vitamins as an anti-shake and flocculating agent.
Silicon and youth:
Silicon and the youth are in a direct relationship with each other, as in young age, the level of silicon is higher than calcium. The highest amount of silicon absorbed by the body is first used in hair and nails, and then in the skin, bones and teeth. As a result, using sufficient amounts of silicon is required to protect the health of bone and skeletal tissue, teeth, cartilage and joints, skin, hair and nails. There is controversial theory which says the nature of silicon will be changed into calcium during digestion due to enzymes that are released. Therefore, consuming foods containing silicon can be a better option than calcium intake for formation and repair of bones. Using silicon prevents premature aging, osteoporosis, hair loss, jaundice and fragility of the nails, skin lesions and skin wrinkles and reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s and myocardial infarction.
The effect of silicon on health of various organs:
- Bone: Silicon is essential for bone strength and repair.
- Blood flow: Helps to keep blood warm and maintain the reactive state of the artery wall cells.
- Hair: Silicone is very effective in preventing whitening and hair loss.
- Muscles: Helps to maintain elasticity and flexibility of the muscles. 2% of the body absorbs the silicone in the muscle.
- Nails: Silicone is an essential element in strengthening nails and preventing jaundice and fragility.
- Skin: Silicone generally prevents skin changes due to aging, and in the first place it prevents wrinkles and skin lesions, and subsequently reduces them.
- Teeth and gums: Silicone is effective in health of teeth and gums, preventing tooth decay and bleeding and gingival erosion. Using silicon in children is essential for the formation of teeth and jaw.
- Tendons and ligaments: Silicon strengthens tendons and ligaments and maintains their elasticity.
Silicon is known as “Miracle of youth” because of all the properties mentioned.